Here is a good walkthrough discussion on re-tensioning the manual projection screen. Sometimes, the screens are disassembled for inspection and the springs are not rewound as they should have been. Fortunately, it’s an easy process to fix in the occasion that you are a recipient of this rare occurrence.
- Instructions for re-setting manual screen tension – https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/Service/OMSRetensionRoller.pdf
- Video instructions for resetting manual screen tension – https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/Service/tension_instructions_ezcinema_1.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:27] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [17:28] Customer: I just received the manual 80″ roll up screen. Is there a way to adjust the screen tension? it doesn’t want to reel up and when it finally does go up it falls back down again.
- [17:29] Customer: Sorry it looks like the spring tension is not so good.
- [17:31] Rick: Ok, I understand. This is an easy fix and I’m happy to provide you some instruction on how to add tension on the spring mechanism.
- [17:32] Rick: Here is a reference on how to increase the spring tension to what it should be. Please follow the steps from page two since this is from a different series but the tensioning method is the same.
- [17:32] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/Service/OMSRetensionRoller.pdf
- [17:33] Rick: also here is a video reference as well.
- [17:33] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/Service/tension_instructions_ezcinema_1.mp4
- [17:33] Rick: Do use caution since the spring may still have some tension when removing the cap
- [17:34] Customer: Ok thanks
- [17:34] Rick: It’s my pleasure to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.