This article covers the basics on selecting the right size of acoustically transparent screen from assembly to viewing and throw distance.
- Instructional video on assembly and installation of an Aeon Acousticpro UHD Screen
- Video – Selecting a screen size https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
- Article on projector throw distance – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/328
- Screen calculator that tell you what the ideal throw distance will be for your particular make/model of projector –
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:22] Customer: Hello, I am planning on buying an acoustically transparent screen.
- [17:23] Customer: Is there a minimum distance between spears and the screen?
- [17:23] Customer: Also, is there a viewing distance limitation?
- [17:24] Jaime: You can place the speakers as close to the material as needed as long as the speaker is not in direct contact with it. Otherwise, the vibration from the head will affect the projection surface and distort your projected image.
- [17:24] Customer: Oh. Good!
- [17:24] Jaime: In regards to seating, it is recommended that you should be at a minimum distance of 1.5 times the width of the screen. Here is an instructional video for that. https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
- [17:24] Customer: Why is that?
- [17:25] Jaime: Per the video, SMPTE has determined what is ergonomically the most comfortable and enjoyable performance to the human eye.
- [17:25] Jaime: Here is a good article on projector throw distance – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/328
- [17:25] Jaime: We also host a screen calculator that tell you what the ideal throw distance will be for your particular make/model of projector – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator
- [17:26] Customer: Okay, sounds good. So an acoustically transparent screen follows the same projection rules as any other matte white projection screen.
- [17:26] Jaime: Correct
- [17:27] Customer: Okay, got it. Thanks
- [17:27] Jaime: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens