Here is a good article for shoppers interested in finding the right material for their UST (ultra short throw) projector.
- Video – UST Compatibility https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4
- Tech Tip – Standard, Short Throw, UST Projectors and Screens https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [20:43] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [20:43] Customer: hello
- [20:44] Customer: yes, I’m looking for a screen for my UST projector
- [20:44] Customer: did a little research here, seems like most screens aren’t compatible with UST projector…
- [20:45] Customer: Except the Aeon series
- [20:45] Rick: The only screen material that will work with a UST projector will have uniform tension over the entire projection surface. The best option here is any frame-screen. Be sure to select either a matte white or ceiling & ambient light rejecting (ALR/CLR) projection material that is specifically made for use with UST projectors.
- [20:45] Customer: But I need the motorized one
- [20:45] Rick: I recommend selecting our Electric Tab-Tensioned screens that use the Cinewhite material.
- [20:46] Customer: may I have the link of the screen you suggest?
- [20:46] Customer: looking for 100-125″
- [20:48] Rick: I have a good one for you: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/74 it covers the size range you are looking for.
- [20:49] Customer: mainly for motorized screen, but manual should be fine too as long as it is tab tension
- [20:49] Customer: What about ALR?
- [20:51] Rick: The ALR is angular reflective material and will not work with UST projectors unless you get the fix frame made especially for this projector. the AEON CLR series. Here is a great article for this: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4 I also have a tech-tip: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
- [20:52] Rick: here is the link for the manual tab tension. It is a lower cost, non-electric solution
- [20:52] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/364
- [20:53] Rick: this is a new series we have and we just have the 100″ in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- [20:53] Customer: Thanks
- [21:03] Customer: btw, can I place my speakers behind this screen?
- [21:11] Rick: If you want an acoustically transparent material https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/360 but it may create moiré artifacts
- [21:21] Customer: I see.
- [21:21] Customer: because the acoustic transparent screen is too thin?
- [21:26] Rick: you will get small shadowing and will experience a moiré effect using an AT screen with a UST projector.
- [21:29] Customer: Got it, seems I’ll need to re-arrange my speakers anyway
- [21:48] Customer: Okay, thanks for giving me some information to consider.
- [21:56] Rick: My pleasure, thank you for choosing Elite Screens.