Here is an A-Z discussion on selecting the right screen. There is a science to finding the right screen size, aspect ratio, material and format to fit your installation.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- Video on projection materials – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
- Video on selecting the right screen size – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
- Video on mounting your screen https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MountingScreen_RightHeight.mp4
- Advanced Search Page – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/advancesearch
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [20:52] Rick: Hello, how may I help you
- [20:52] Ron: I am a newbie when it comes to screens. I am making a theatre room in my basement and using an Epson projector. I calculated my size, but now I have no idea where to begin when selecting a screen. All I know is that it must be a fixed frame about 100” to 120”.
- [20:53] Rick: Great! I can walk you through it and we can determine which will suit you best. Is this going to be a dedicated theater room?
- [20:53] Ron: Yes, it will.
- [20:53] Rick: Do you have full control of the lighting.
- [20:53] Ron: yes, I do
- [20:53] Ron: The room has no windows.
- [20:54] Rick: With the projector you have (per service email sent) I will recommend our standard white fixed frame screen. The most common size model is the ER120WH2
- [20:54] Ron: Okay, so we matched the projector and screen’s aspect ratio…
- [20:55] Ron: got the right size…
- [20:55] Ron: Matte white is fine. I like your ALR materials but for now, this does just fine.
- [20:57] Rick: Here is a great video on projection materials to keep in mind – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
- [20:57] Ron: I know I gave you my room specs and viewing distance but how did you know that the 100-120” screen was the right pick.
- [20:58] Rick: That’s easy. This video covers selecting the right screen size – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
- [20:58] Rick: Here are some great pointers on mounting your screen https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MountingScreen_RightHeight.mp4
- [20:58] Ron: Awesome. You gave me a good reference on a low cost screen and why it is a good pick. Do you have a wizard that can help me narrow down the search.
- [20:59] Rick: I have. This will help you customize your search to get precisely the screen you need. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/advancesearch
- [20:59] Ron: Perfect. I have no further questions. Thanks Buddy.
- [21:00] Rick: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.