This inquiry comes from a business in need of an ambient light or ceiling light rejecting screen for a fairly large meeting room that has a lot of windows. The discussion and links cover a wide variety of questions regarding this type of installation
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Tech Tip article on the topic of understanding ALR screens https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/269
- Tech Tip article on their proper use https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/394
- Video – Optimal “sweet spot” placement of ALR Screens https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ALR_CLR_SweetSpot_VideoWeb.mp4 .
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:15] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [18:18] Customer: I am researching screens for our building. We have old screens which work when the lights are dimmed or turned off. I am looking at screen sizes between 100in – 150in. Screens that work well with the light on. We have large windows, which in the summer can cause some headaches.
- [18:20] Customer: Our Great Room as we call it is a bit awkward, so I have been using two large screens for training. Can hold about 40-45 people in classroom style setting (tables and chairs)
- [18:21] Rick: We do have some ambient light rejecting screens that will help you under these circumstances. Here is a good informative article on the topic of understanding ALR screens https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/269 as well as an article on their proper use https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/394 ,and here is a great video that expands on the topic regarding optimal placement https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ALR_CLR_SweetSpot_VideoWeb.mp4 .
- [18:21] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/36
- [18:22] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/36#section7
- [18:22] Rick: The dimension’s table is on this page as well.
- [18:22] Customer: Thank you
- [18:23] Customer: Do you have portable screens as well?
- [18:23] Customer: With the same fabric.
- [18:24] Rick: We don’t use ALR/CLR materials in a portable format but we do have portable rear projection screens that may be of interest to you.
- [18:24] Customer: Ok, I think I’ll stay on target with an ambient light rejecting screen.
- [18:25] Customer: Do you give samples?
- [18:25] Customer: of the material?
- [18:26] Rick: We do; here is a link.
- [18:26] Rick: https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/p127/Sample_Screen_Material
- [18:26] Customer: Thank you. Have a nice day.
- [18:27] Rick: My pleasure, thank you for choosing Elite Screens.