This customer packed away their Yard Master Dual after using it once, only to find it soiled and wrinkled the next time it was unpacked. This easy discussion covers how to clean the screen, how to remove stubborn wrinkles that don’t stretch out, and theoretically, how to file a warranty claim if there was an issue.
- Elite Screens warranty support – www.elitescreens.com/support
- Elite Screens warranty policy – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/support-warranty-policysupport-warranty-policy
- Yard Master 2 FAQ Section – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/235#section4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:49] Customer: I have an Elite Screens Yardmaster 2 Dual, 120-inch 16:9, Front / Rear 4K Ultra HD Ready Indoor / Outdoor Projector Screen OMS120H2-Dual I purchased online on March 6, 2018. It has been used once, indoors, for 2 hours to show a slide show at a wedding rehearsal. After the rehearsal it was neatly folded and packed back into its carrying case. Today we took it out in preparation of using it again. We wanted to give the wrinkles plenty of time to stretch out. When we installed the screen onto the frame, however, we noticed brown stains or spots in the plastic.
- [18:49] Customer: Is this common and can you help up with it?
- [18:58] Rick: Hello, thank you for reaching out. I am bringing up the resources for you as we speak. Even though you have a Yard Master 2 Dual, the Yard Master 2 website FAQ section answers the questions for both brands
- [18:59] Rick: I have never heard of the material spontaneously producing discoloration like this so it sounds like the screen is just dirty. It’s an easy fix. You may use a warm soapy damp cloth to clean the material and have a second dry cloth to remove excess water.
- [19:00] Customer: My wife is doing that now and it looks like maybe some coffee or soda got on it. How about any wrinkle lines?
- [19:01] Customer: That is an easy fix. Wrinkles or lines found on the Yard Master projection material in most cases disappear when the material is stretched over the frame. If in case they don’t, we recommend using a hair dryer on a medium setting to eliminate any lines or wrinkles.
- [19:07] Customer: We love the screen and intend to purchase another, but what would we do if the material was discolored or if we received it damaged in a way we could not fix it.
- [19:10] Rick: please submit a claim here www.elitescreens.com/support
- [19:11] Rick: Theoretically, you would attach a copy of your proof of purchase and a photo of the problem. Also, on the back and bottom left of the frame you would locate the screen model and serial number to identify the individual screen. Here are details of the warranty coverage – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/support-warranty-policysupport-warranty-policy
- [19:12] Customer: Great, thank you for both the real and theoretical solutions.
- [19:12] Rick: Glad to help. Was there anything else I may assist with.
- [19:13] Customer: I’m good. Thanks again for the help.
- [19:14] Rick: Thank you for choosing Elite Screens. I appreciate your business.