This discussion weighs the comparison between matte white and Cinegrey 3D/5D materials and the benefits each option has.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- Video – Matte White vs. ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting) screens https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- Tech Tip – Understanding Ambient Light – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/269
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:00] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [17:00] Customer: I need a 100″ screen that i can put speakers behind.
- [17:02] Rick: Great, I can help. Are you looking into a retractable screen or fixed frame screen?
- [17:02] Customer: Fixed frame about 100”.
- [17:16] Customer: Also, where to buy of course…
- [17:16] Rick: Certainly, one moment please so i can recommend you a model.
- [17:18] Rick: Are you interested in our standard frame design model ER100WH1-A1080P3 or our thin edge model AR100H2-AUHD
- [17:19] Customer: Standard is fine.
- [17:25] Rick: the model is ER100WH1-A1080P3 you can purchase this in a few dealers here is a listing. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/authoriseddealer
- [17:28] Customer: Does the amount of light in the room matter?
- [17:31] Rick: it all depends on what type of projector you have and how well you have control of the lighting. Here is a great video on the comparison between Matte White and Ambient Light Rejecting (ALR) screens. https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- [17:34] Customer: Okay
- [17:35] Customer: Is there a huge difference between this and the “edge free” models?
- [17:36] Rick: The screen materials are the same but the frame type is cosmetically different. The standard (traditional) design is for the external black frame around the projection material. The Edgefree design utilizes an internal framework with external wrap-around screen material. Here is an article on understanding ambient light – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/269
- [17:38] Customer: Okay, I took a quick look and I’m open to the Cinegrey materials. What’s the difference between the Cinegrey 3D and the Cinegrey 5D?
- [17:38] Rick: Cinegrey 3D has a wider half-gain cone while the Cinegrey 5D is brighter with its image presentation.
- [17:39] Customer: Great, thanks. I will use this information to make my buy. A matte white will work in my room with the shades but I like how the contrast enhancement of Cinegrey material can enhance my projector performance. Thanks for the help.
- [17:40] Rick: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.