Here is a discussion about weight bars getting stuck in the casing. If your motor is running but the screen’s not dropping, STOP IMMEDIATELY!!! Next, check the weight bar. If the material pays out too much from the stuck position, your screen can be terribly damaged. Read the discussion below just so you would know what to do in a situation such as this.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Video-How to install an in-ceiling projection screen from below. – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/evanesce_install_m.mp4
- Video-How to install an in-ceiling projection screen from above. – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Evanesce_above_ceiling_installation_SD01.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:15] Customer: Hi.
- [17:20] Rick: has joined the conversation
- [17:20] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [17:20] Customer: hi good evening
- [17:20] Customer: i have a few problems with the following screen
- [17:20] Customer: Evanesce Tab Tension B 120-E8 Ceiling recessed projection screen Tab Tension Economy 265,7 x 149,4 (B)
- [17:20] Customer: we have this one
- [17:20] Customer: It has been Built in about 1 year ago
- [17:21] Customer: Never used before
- [17:21] Customer: Power supply was been connected today to it
- [17:21] Customer: Now we are trying to get the screen down
- [17:21] Customer: With remote control
- [17:21] Customer: We hear the motor running but the screen doesn’t come down
- [17:21] Customer: Before installing
- [17:21] Customer: Roughly 8 months ago we tested it
- [17:21] Customer: Back then it was working fine. Then we re-seated it with some difficulty and it may have been damaged in the process.
- [17:22] Customer: Any idea what the problem could be?
- [17:24] Rick: What you are describing sounds like the weight bar surface is stuck in the housing opening. If you do hear the motor running it means that the screen is unwinding inside the housing. You will need to unhinge the weight bar from the housing.
- [17:26] Customer: Yes, i hear the motor running.
- [17:27] Customer: Yes, you are right. I think the weight bar is stuck in the housing.
- [17:27] Customer: How can i solve this problem.
- [17:28] Customer: How can i unhinge the weight bar?
- [17:35] Rick: To safely detach the weight bar, you can use a flat head screw driver or to prevent any possible damage on the housing you can use a plastic tool to wedge between the bar and housing.
- [17:39] Customer: Great
- [17:39] Customer: I will try that. Just a moment.
- [17:46] Customer: I finally got it loose
- [17:46] Customer: I see the screen has some wrinkles at the bottom (photo link attached)
- [17:46] Customer: Is it still going to be fine or do need to change the screen ?
- [17:47] Customer: Or do I need to change the screen material.
- [17:49] Rick: This looks like an easy fix. Let the screen down for a day this will help the material smooth out. also you may use a hair dryer in a low to medium setting to help the material relax.
- [18:00] Customer: Ahh great. I’m really glad to hear that. It seems to have smoothed out a lot. Thanks again. I’ll call back if I need anything else.
- [18:02] Rick: I’m glad to hear it. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens. I’ll be here if you need me.