Here’s a good talk on the basics of selecting a projection screen from the material, to size to weighing the options of acoustic transparency versus ambient light rejection.
- Video on how to select a projection screen material.
- Video on comparing matte white to ALR – article comparing just that
- Video on selecting the right screen size. https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [16:29] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [16:29] Customer: Hey
- [16:29] Customer: so, I am trying to research screens for my theatre
- [16:29] Customer: we have a fair bit of light that enters the room
- [16:29] Customer: so was trying to look into some ambient light rejection screens
- [16:29] Rick: Here is a great video on how to select a projection screen. https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
- [16:30] Customer: Cool. How about a comparison between matte white and ALR (ambient light rejecting?)
- [16:30] Rick: I have you covered. Here is a great article comparing just that https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- [16:30] Customer: You have all the answers. I’d like to have an acoustic screen if possible
- [16:30] Customer: …and i am trying to make the best of a room
- [16:30] Customer: That does not have much control with light
- [16:31] Rick: one moment please
- [16:33] Rick: is the ambient light going to be hitting where you are planning to set up the screen?
- [16:33] Customer: yea
- [16:33] Customer: it’s in an open basement
- [16:34] Customer: ill work to eventually minimize the light impact
- [16:34] Customer: but right now, there is a lot of ambient light
- [16:34] Rick: I see,
- [16:35] Rick: we are working on an acoustic screen with ambient light rejecting properties, but we are still working to make some further improvements.
- [16:36] Rick: My best advice is to either go with the AT material but set up some control over the ambient light (blackout shades, etc.) OR – Go with an ALR screen.
- [16:37] Customer: So, the acoustic screen sounds like that would be the only option then
- [16:37] Customer: what series do you recommend
- [16:37] Customer: I’m looking @ 120″ do you have any advice on this.
- [16:39] Rick: I do. Here is a video on this https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4 For acoustic transparency, I would recommend is from our Aeon series model AR120H2-AUHD. For ALR we have our Cinegrey 3D/5D materials.
- [16:39] Customer: Is this the edge free version ?
- [16:39] Rick: This is our edge free model. It is our most popular frame screen right now.
- [16:41] Customer: Cool. Thanks for helping me out.
- [16:41] Customer: My pleasure, thank you for choosing Elite Screens.
- [16:42] Rick: you’re welcome.