Here is a basic discussion on hanging the manual screen using the D-ring attachments.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Video demonstrates the basics on hanging the screen https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Manual_SRM_Series_Product_Video_web.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:14] Jaime: Hello, how may I help you?
- [17:17] Customer: Hi, we ordered a projection screen model M135XWH. I realize it does not come with the ceiling mount flanges. We have very limited height from the floor to the ceiling and if we hang chains, I feel that it would not work properly. Also, we have many functions in the same multipurpose room and there will be others that are not supervised and I think hanging from a chain would cause them to try and swing from it. Is there anything we can use to flush mount to the ceiling?
- [17:19] Jaime: I can assist you with this. Do you have on the end caps on your screen?
- [17:19] Jaime: As far as I know, this sized screen has the end flanges with the holes for flush mounting to the ceiling’s trusses
- [17:20] Jaime: it’s actually the screens that are smaller than 120″ that have the D-rings
- [17:21] Customer: It has D rings attached to it and the holes look as if they only will work for the walls as it seems that direction only.
- [17:22] Jaime: How high is your ceiling?
- [17:22] Jaime: from the floor
- [17:22] Customer: about 7′ 3″.
- [17:22] Jaime: you don’t have to use chains. You can use J-hook screws to hand the screen on the rings
- [17:23] Jaime: I still don’t understand how you have a 135″ with D-rings
- [17:23] Jaime: Maybe that ring is removable
- [17:23] Jaime: …or you may have a smaller screen than anticipated
- [17:26] Customer: I didn’t understand why it came with the D rings either. I can try it. Again I ordered the 135 diagonal, but it came in at 10’6″ width. I think maybe we can try the J hook installation. I didn’t think of that. We do have about 2 weeks before we actually need it up. Thanks for your answers.
- [17:27] Jaime: ok, sounds good. The J-hooks are the way to go here is a video for another brand of manual screen we have. The latter half of this video demonstrates the basics on hanging the screen https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Manual_SRM_Series_Product_Video_web.mp4
- [17:27] Customer: Perfect, thanks for the help.
- [17:27] Jaime: thank you for contacting us today