This customer made a smart move to ask first what would be compatible with his ultra-short-throw (UST) projector. In this case, the Acousticpro 4K material can be paired with a UST projector
- Video on UST projectors and screens: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:46] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [18:46] Customer : hello was wondering if any of the AcousticPro material is compatible with a UST projector?
- [18:48] Rick: Yes, I recommend a fixed frame design with out AcousticPro material. It has uniform flatness over the entire surface so it will work nicely with a UST projector.
- [18:49] Rick: Here is a great video on UST projectors and screens: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4
- [18:49] Rick: we have our fixed frame that is compatible. here is a link
- [18:50] Customer: So the aeon AccousticPRo UHD is compatible with UST. Good.
- [18:52] Rick: The material texture is minimal and is very fine for 4K imagery so that not cause moiré.
- [18:53] Customer: IF there is a speaker behind the screen. Would you be able to see the speaker thru the screen?
- [18:54] Rick: No, the screen comes with a black fabric that will help block of any reflective light bouncing of the projectors light. So there will be no backlighting artifacts.
- [18:56] Customer: So, if a speaker is behind the screen, Would you visibly able to see the speaker?
- [18:56] Rick: No. The design anticipates that.
- [18:56] Customer: Sounds good.
- [18:56] Customer: I assume on the UHD will work with the UST. The normal AcousticPro1080P3 will not?
- [18:57] Rick: Yes, the other is a weave pattern is too rough and it will cause artifacts.
- [18:57] Customer: Awesome. Thanks for the information. Is the cinewhite compatible with UST ?
- [18:59] Rick: Yes, the cinewhite is our standard white screen the only one i don’t recommend is the Cinegrey 3D and the Cinegrey 5D this are ambient light reflective.
- [18:59] Customer: awesome. thanks for you help today.