Here is a great discussion covering the basics on making sure that your Cinegrey 3D/5D® projection material is compatible with your projector. There are additional resources on maximizing projector and screen performance.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- Video comparing CineGrey 3D to matte white: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- Article on compatible screens to standard, short throw, and UST projectors. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
- Diagram on finding the proverbial “sweet spot” File : https://tawk.link/598aa11bdbb01a218b4db711/a/579b82be0995142b0d81b97f/7e1a621595586459c7cae6699b132de6906a9136/image.png
- Video on finding the projector’s sweet spot: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ALR_CLR_SweetSpot_VideoWeb.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:31] Customer: Hi
- [17:31] Rick: has joined the conversation
- [17:31] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [17:31] Customer: Good Morning Rick!
- [17:32] Customer: I have a technical doubt regarding Cinegrey 35/5d screens
- [17:32] Rick: ok what are your questions.
- [17:33] Customer: I want to understand if I can use those ALR screens with this projector
- [17:33] Customer: https://www.benq.com/en-us/projector/cinehome-home-cinema/ht1070a/specifications.html
- [17:34] Customer: it has a measured brightness of around 1000 lumens (company claimed 2200lm)
- [17:35] Rick: As long this is a standard throw projector, this will work with the material.
- [17:35] Customer: Good, it is standard throw.
- [17:36] Customer: But what is the recommended brightness for these ALR screens?
- [17:39] Rick: Our screens don’t have a recommended brightness it all depends on your room set up. Here is a helpful video on finding the sweet spot when using our ALR materials. https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ALR_CLR_SweetSpot_VideoWeb.mp4
- [17:40] Customer: Okay, thanks.
- [17:40] Rick: If you have full control of your lighting you can use low lumen projectors up to 1800 lumen. this material will enhance the brightness with the 1.2 gain from Cinegrey 3D and 1.5 gain from the Cinegrey 5D
- [17:40] Customer: Do you have a comparison video showing ALR material vs white material or information on different projectors and their compatible materials?
- [17:41] Rick: Here is the video comparing CineGrey 3D to matte white: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4 and here is the article on standard, short throw, and UST projectors. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
- [17:42] Customer: Thank you
- [17:45] Rick: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.